[OS X TeX] TeX Distribution preference pane

John Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Fri Jul 8 17:02:14 CEST 2016

Hi.  I am using Yosemite, and am thinking about updating to El Capitan now that Sierra has been announced.  I can't remember which version of TeX Live I have installed currently, so I went to System Preferences... and clicked on the TeX Distribution pane to find out.  However, when I did that, I got this box.

| Preferences Error                                |
| Could not load TeX Distribution preference pane. |

What should I do?

By the way, are there any tips for making a smooth update to El Capitan, particularly vis-a-vis TeX?  I don't use TeXShop; instead, I use a terminal window in XQuartz to typeset (pdflatex), and then Preview to view.

Thanks very much.

---John.
(I received the digest.)

Algebra in Context.  Teaching introductory algebra using history as the
vehicle.  Johns Hopkins Univ Press.  www.amazon.com/dp/1421417286

MAA review: http://www.maa.org/press/maa-reviews/algebra-in-context