[OS X TeX] Templates and macros from dropbox

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 18 02:45:42 CET 2016

> On Feb 16, 2016, at 1:47 PM, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu> wrote:
>
> Since I use two computers regularly (one in my office and one at home) I rely on Dropbox for files I may want to access from both sites.
> In particular, I have a file “My Macros” containing private macros, and another “My Templates” with a few templates I use frequently mounted there.
> Recently, my office machine was replaced and hence my operating system went from OS10.8 to OS 10.11.  Since then, TeXShop on my office machine doesn’t find the (private) macros files when called, and “My Templates” does not show up in the pulldown menu under “Templates”.  Can I do anything to get back the Dropbox functionality for these files?
>

> Zbigniew Nitecki
> Department of Mathematics
> Tufts University
> Medford, MA 02155
>
> telephones:
> my office     (617) 627-3843
> dept. off.    (617) 627-3234
> dept. fax    (617) 627-3966
>
> http://www.tufts.edu/~znitecki/

Howdy,

Are you using TeXShop for the Templates? Where did you find them before?

You probably had sym-links for the Macros to ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex. I assume you mean LaTeX macros, if you mean TeXShop Macros let me know.

Did you read all the information at <http://www.tug.org/mactex/elcapitan.html> for updating to El Capitan? If not, please do and especially the linked document about `Updating For El Capitan'.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)