[OS X TeX] TeXShop question

Nicolae Garleanu garleanu at berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 9 02:27:03 CET 2016

Related, though strictly speaking maybe requiring a new thread: what is the purpose of the appendage “ — Edited” to a file name in the source file, which only seems to go away if one actively saves the file (e.g., Cmd-S)? That is, what’s the point if the file is saved anyway, automatically? Is it perhaps saved in a hidden, temp file? My impression (which I did not verify rigorously, but I don’t save explicitly often) is that even if I don’t save automatically, on a different computer (I use dropbox) I open the latest version. If so, what does “edited” alert me to? Am I perhaps missing something?
Thank you.
Nicolae