[OS X TeX] The distribution preference pane?

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 25 19:30:59 CEST 2016

I just moved to a new machine. Since my time machine drive is a firewire device, I decided that it would be a lot faster to just install 2016 directly on the new machine than transfer the 100K+ files over firewire, so I removed the old 2015 distribution from the old machine, did the last time machine backup, and then used Migration Assistant from the time machine drive. (The transfer was remarkably fast and trouble free.) Anyway, I installed the full 2016 distribution on the new machine, and it works fine. I notice though that it did not install the distribution pain in the preferences panel. What happened to it? I know that the one I had on the old machine did not work. I don’t actually need it right now — I’m just curious.

(I was delighted to find that a document that took 9 seconds to typeset on my old 2.2 GHz Core2Duo MBP now takes less than four seconds on the 3 GHz dual core i7 Mini with SSD.)

Richard Séguin