[OS X TeX] PDF window in TS becomes unresponsive to controls

Gary L. Gray glgray at me.com
Wed Aug 17 15:45:31 CEST 2016

> On Aug 17, 2016, at 9:30 AM, Alessandro Languasco <languasc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can you check if the find command works in the pdf window of ts 3.66?
> Because mine is not working . Bests, alessandro.

That turns out to be an interesting question. I hadn’t played with the new “Find” in the PDF preview, but I now find the whole thing a little confusing.  Here is what I see when the Preview window is in front.

If I type ⌘F, the find drawer slides out on the left, even though the “Search PDF” tool is in the toolbar (I can’t find a keyboard shortcut to put the cursor in the “Search PDF” tool in the toolbar). If I type in a word that appears multiple times in the PDF file in the search drawer on the left, it doesn’t find a single instance of that word, so it appears to be either broken or disabled. If it is disabled, then I am thinking it should be removed since it doesn’t work.

Now, if I place the cursor in the “Search PDF” tool in the toolbar and search for a word that appears multiple times on multiple pages of the PDF document, it finds the word and one can hit return to find the subsequent instances of it. The problem is, when you get to the end of the document, it doesn’t wrap around and start at the beginning which is the behavior that I would expect.

Anyway, I am doing something wrong when searching PDF files?

Gary