[OS X TeX] Using \usepgfplotslibrary{external}

Martin Bergren martin.berggren at cs.umu.se
Thu Aug 4 14:56:55 CEST 2016

> On 04 Aug 2016, at 14:52, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> On Aug 4, 2016, at 7:22 AM, Martin Bergren <martin.berggren at cs.umu.se> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to be able to use
>>
>> \usepgfplotslibrary{external}
>>
>> for pgfplots, which apparently should be able to store the pgfplots or tikz figures as pdfs to shorten latexing time. The problem seem to be write18.
>> Is there a way around it?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>

>> Martin Berggren
>
> Howdy,
>
> Assuming you are using TeXShop:
>
> One thing you can use is the sepdflatexmk engine. This is set up to use latexmk so that all processing through bibtex/biber and makeindex is taken care of if necessary and the pdflatex has the --shell-escape flag set. To use it simply place the line
>
> % !TEX TS-program = sepdflatexmk
>
> at the top of your file and then typeset the document by simply using Typeset->Typeset (Cmd-T).

But this is not a bibtex/biber and makeindex issue. This is about pgfplots,  which I think is running (in my case) lualatex in the background to produce the plots.

Cheers,

Martin Berggren
Department of Computing Science, Umeå Universitet
Campustorget 5, S-901 87 Umeå, Sweden. Ph: +46-70-732 8111
http://www.cs.umu.se/~martinb <http://www.cs.umu.se/~martinb>, Martin.Berggren at cs.umu.se <mailto:Martin.Berggren at cs.umu.se>