[OS X TeX] [WARNING - NOT VIRUS SCANNED] TeX Live 2016 Pretest

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Sun Apr 17 16:47:25 CEST 2016

Simon,

You didn’t read my entire message announcing the MacTeX pretest, because
it warned about exactly this problem, and explained how to solve it.

>From that message:

5) There has been a dramatic restructuring of the LuaTeX code.
	This will make it much easier to maintain in coming years, but
	may cause some problems this year. In preliminary testing, LuaTeX
	compiled most straight LaTeX files. But it crashed when
	using Robertson’s fontspec, a crucial package when using system
	fonts. This crash can be avoided by adding a file
	~/Library/texmf/tex/luatex/luaotfload-blacklist.cnf containing
	one line of text:

	LastResort.ttf

	The programmers know of this bug, so it should be fixed in the
	release version of LuaTeX.

Dick Koch