[OS X TeX] Umlauts won't print

Manuel libros2 at limay.de
Tue Sep 22 22:32:56 CEST 2015

Thank you, Herb. I had to go back in time indeed but now it compiles
correctly. However, the sourcecode appears weirdly wrong, even if the
compiled document is right. For instance, where the source reads "Vgel",
the pdf document reads correctly "Vögel". Should I just leave it be?

I would now introduce changes in the text, writing with a german
keyboard. Will that be all right?

Thank you,

Manuel