[OS X TeX] To upgrade or not to upgrade (To 10.10)

Benoit RIVET benoit.rivet at free.fr
Fri Sep 18 09:55:24 CEST 2015

Le 18 sept. 2015 à 05:45, Alain Schremmer <schremmer.alain at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I just now got a Mid 2011 mac mini running a thunderbolt screen that came with Yosemite on it. Remembrances of threads past say that installing LaTeX on it is not going to be a peaceful operation.

Past threads indicated that upgrading to Yosemite with Texlive installed proved painful, since the upgrade process was busy copying away and back all alien files installed in /usr (which included texlive).

However, a fresh install of TexLive on Yosemite is just as easy (or just as painful…) as a fresh install on any older OS. I would advise you to embrace Yosemite; install Texlive, and enjoy the new shiny OS.

--
Benoît RIVET
Quietly enjoying TexLive on Yosemite...