[OS X TeX] Install fail

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Sep 3 20:31:14 CEST 2015

> On Sep 3, 2015, at 1:21 PM, Ettore Aldrovandi <ealdrov at mail.math.fsu.edu> wrote:
>
> The ones attached are NOT the correct global startup files. They don’t call the path_helper for one.
>
> I am attaching a fresh copy of:
>

> /etc/bashrc
> /etc/csh.cshrc
> /etc/csh.login
> /etc/csh.logout
> /etc/profile
>
> John,
>
> copy them into /etc. The important ones are csh.login and csh.cshrc. Again, put the attachments into Desktop and run as before:
>
> 	sudo cp csh.cshrc /etc
> 	sudo cp csh.login /etc
>
> The csh.login is the important one for the tcsh.
>
> Second, do you have the correct file in /etc/paths.d? It should be /etc/paths.d/TeX containing the single line
>
> 	/Library/TeX/texbin
>
> I hope you have not tried to change your login shell (yet). That’s not a preference. We can do it later.
>
> —Ettore
>
> <bashrc><csh.cshrc><csh.login><csh.logout><profile>----------- Please Consult

Howdy,

Thanks, I was going to do that next. I believe he has already changed his shell to bash in Terminal preferences. So he should make sure to also put the profile you provide onto the Desktop and the run

sudo cp profile /etc

giving his admin password when requested.

I wonder if there has to be a re-boot after doing that since the OS may cache that information at startup.

The profile, etc., that I sent was the same as the ones he had but with /Library/TeX/texbin inserted werever /usr/texbin was before. But the path variables he printed out were all messed up.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)