[OS X TeX] [aquamacs-devel] Aquamacs & El Capitan

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Oct 30 00:38:26 CET 2015

> On Oct 29, 2015, at 6:19 PM, Ettore Aldrovandi <ealdrov at mail.math.fsu.edu> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 29, 2015, at 18:00, David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ettore,
>>
>> Emacs.app will not pick up your PATH settings, but Aquamacs does so.
>
> Indeed it does. I haven’t used Emacs.app in a long time, so I could not remember about that one.
>
>> It appears that newer MacTeX installations might install into a different path, or at least no longer link /usr/texbin (which may be a protected directory under El Capitan).
>
> Yes, /usr has become immutable. MacTeX no longer creates that link. (In fact, can’t.)
>
>> From your message, I cannot see your original problem.
>
> Oh, that’s because you are responding to me, and I was responding to Herb, who
> raised the issue.
>
> I think Herb is interested in formulating some kind of advise for MacTeX users.  My response was to tell Aquatics picks my PATH just fine.
>
> On the other hand, I gather this does not work for Herb…?  Herb, which one are you using, Aquamacs or Emacs.app? Can you please keep the other lists in the CC? I am going to paste your response below.
>
>> I will make sure that Aquamacs will also pick up  /Library/TeX/texbin, although generally, the Path setting from the default login shell is imported.
>
> Indeed.
>
> —Ettore

Howdy,

I have Aquamacs 3.2 on my system. For some reason it doesn't seem to pick up the changed PATH variable. The correct path is shown in Terminal.app so the system is using the /etc/paths.d/TeX file which contains /Library/TeX/texbin.

I just downloaded and re-installed Aquamacs.app and still have the same problem.

Is it assumed that Aquamacs.app is directly in /Applications or is it fully relocatable? I prefer storing it, with associated documentation, in a sub-directory of /Applications.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)