[OS X TeX] TOC, sections, subsections and lists

Peter Teeson peter.teeson at icloud.com
Wed Oct 28 18:14:03 CET 2015

I am writing an informal collection of short articles in support of some software.
The first article is an overview of what the collection will contain.
It has a TOC and a few sections.
Each section only has the titles of  the articles for that section
Each title has a one line description of the article.

Using \subsection will add the title to the TOC.
But the subsection typesetting itself is not what I want, neither in size, face nor spacing.

Using an enumerated list is more along the lines of what I would like.
I am aware of the \addcontentsline{toc}….

Is there an elegant way to add the subsection article titles to the TOC?

TIA

Peter