[OS X TeX] href in beamer

John Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Thu Oct 22 23:59:49 CEST 2015

Hi.  I am making a presentation using  beamer.  I want to link to a PDF file that is in a subfolder, so I have in my LaTeX sourcefile

  \href{./Activities/1-5-S-OilSlick-StudentVersion.pdf}{Student version}

However, when I click on the link in the presentation, I get this message:

  The file “1-5-S-OilSlick-StudentVersion.pdf” couldn’t be opened
  because you don’t have permission to view it.

  To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and
  choose File > Get Info.

                                                     [OK]

I checked the PDF file, and its permissions are

  jbthoo        Read & Write
  staff         Read only
  everyone      Read only

What am I doing wrongly?  Thanks very much.

---John.
(I receive the digest)

*PRIMUS*
The all-around best journal for undergraduate mathematics teaching.
<http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/upri20/current>  or Twitter @ReadPRIMUS