[OS X TeX] Where to put .sty .map .fd files?

BELLAICHE André andre.bellaiche at imj-prg.fr
Mon Oct 5 17:30:17 CEST 2015

Le 29 sept. 2015 à 02:17, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> a écrit :

>> On Sep 28, 2015, at 5:07 PM, BELLAICHE André <andre.bellaiche at imj-prg.fr> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Does there exits a mean to open all the files needed to typeset some source file from this very source file, if they are all in some directory. This source file uses special fonts, so as files needed, I mean not only the .sty files, but also all the .map, .fd, .pfb, .tfm files.
>>
>> I know I can put everything in texmf-local in the appropriate places and type some commands in the Terminal. Alternatively, I can put everything in the same directory as my source file.
>>
>> What I am looking for is something similar to \graphicspath.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> André Bellaïche
>> Université Paris-Diderot
>
> Howdy,
>
> It might be doable but I'd strongly suggest not doing that. You might want to place the files in the correct locations in your personal texmf tree (root is at ~/Library/texmf) and then follow the suggestions in TeXLive2014+Changes.pdf which is available zipped (TeXLive2014+Changes.pdf.zip) at <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10932738/index.html>. Note: ~/Library is the Library folder in your HOME folder, not /Library, the Library folder at the root of your Hard Drive.
>
> PS: I know that pdf(la)tex can input additional map files on the fly, so you might be able to avoid building the global map file, but I can't remember the invocation.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Dear Herb,

I have done what you suggest on my personal machine (and for all users, in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local), using texhash and updmap-sys to install new style files, and all the stuff for new fonts.

But my purpose is to allow some people who don't even know that hidden directories as /usr or  the Terminal exist to use the same files and fonts on their own machine. I know it may work by putting all the needed style and font files (more than 200 files) in their the same directory as their work file.

I shall try do it using a subdirectory and a style file in the working directory taking all its informations from other style files in the subdirectory, which in turn call the font field in the same directory.

Thank you,

André