[OS X TeX] mailers on OSX

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Sun Oct 4 01:15:36 CEST 2015

When one of you complained about problems with migrating mail to EC, another suggested switching to thunderbird.

I use Mail, but my preferred mail program is elm/pine/alpine, but these are no longer supported.  Does anyone know a good flat Unix mail program that one can use on the Mac now?  I prefer mailboxes that are text files, et.  The problem with Alpine now is that it uses Terminal, which does not understand characters like smart quotes and “smart” spaces.

I am also looking for an updated program that can print text files when in command mode.  Enscript is long in the tooth.