[OS X TeX] El Capitan and BBEdit integration scripts

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Oct 1 14:38:00 CEST 2015

> On Sep 30, 2015, at 11:05 PM, Richard Seguin <riseguin at earthlink.net> wrote:
>

> I won’t install El Capitan for at least two more days, so I don’t know yet if this will work, but I suspect it will. I haven’t looked at Sneep’s typeset scripts to see what might need to be changed there. At the moment the only script by Sneep that I’m using is his source-to-pdf synchronization script, which shouldn’t be affected by El Capitan at all. I’ll let you know how it works out, but like I indicated, it could be a number of days, but hopefully by this weekend sometime. I don’t even know if Grigg or Sneep are still maintaining their scripts.
>
> Richard Séguin

Howdy,

I answered you, before, on my iPad and there was a typical glitch; gitbin was changed to some gibberish. In any case I don't think you'll have to change it at all. Ghostscript has always gone into /usr/local/bin and it's still there after installing El Capitan and, of course, the TeX distribution is in sub-directories of /usr/local and that all works just fine.

If you change the texbin property you can test it right away, assuming you installed MacTeX-2015 or follow the directions in the last section of my document at <http://www.tug.org/mactex/elcapitan.html>, by just using the scripts; everything should still just work. By changing before you install El Capitan you see that once /usr/texbin is removed everything TeX will still work. But see my article on that web page for fixing up TeX Live Utility, etc.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)