[OS X TeX] El Capitan and BBEdit integration scripts

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 1 06:05:16 CEST 2015

> On Sep 29, 2015, at 6:32 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 29, 2015, at 6:24 PM, Richard Seguin <riseguin at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone anticipate that current available BBEdit/Skim integration scripts will have problems under El Capitan due to the changes in TeX regarding the /usr folder?
>>
>> Richard Séguin
>>
>>> On Sep 29, 2015, at 3:22 PM, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> TeXShop 3.53 is available via the Sparkle update mechanism or at
>>>
>>> 	http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html
>>>
>>> Dick Koch
>
> Howdy,
>
> How do they determine the path to the TeX binaries? If it's hard coded somewhere /usr/texbin will have to be changed to /Library/TeX/texbin. If it's via the system's PATH that is already changed. All this assumes you've installed MacTeX-2015. If you haven't or want more information go to <http://www.tug.org/mactex/elcapitan.html>.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com

Herb,

It appears to be hard coded. This is what I wrote in a previous post:

> After poking around, I think the answer is definitely YES, and the typeset scripts will need to be changed. In Nathan Grigg’s scripts,
>
> http://nathangrigg.net/latex-bbpackage/
>
> which I am currently using, it looks like the line
>
> property texbin : "/usr/texbin"
>
> in ~/Library/Application Support/BBEdit/Packages/Latex.bbpackage/Contents/Resources/typeset-lib.scrpt will need to be changed to
>
> property texbin : "/Library/TeX/texbin”
>
> and the script recompiled using Script Editor.
>
> The line
>
> property gitbin : "/usr/local/bin”
>
> might not need to be changed, but I won’t know until I install El Capitan.

I won’t install El Capitan for at least two more days, so I don’t know yet if this will work, but I suspect it will. I haven’t looked at Sneep’s typeset scripts to see what might need to be changed there. At the moment the only script by Sneep that I’m using is his source-to-pdf synchronization script, which shouldn’t be affected by El Capitan at all. I’ll let you know how it works out, but like I indicated, it could be a number of days, but hopefully by this weekend sometime. I don’t even know if Grigg or Sneep are still maintaining their scripts.

Richard Séguin