[OS X TeX] Texmaker vs. TexShop

Jutta Wrage jw at witch.westfalen.de
Mon Nov 9 12:07:09 CET 2015

Hi!

Looked like it hasn't been a good idea by me to make TexShop default again after updating TexLive.

TexShop ist using OpenGL which tends to heat up graphic cards and maybe kill them.

Apple replaced my board but now I want to have the defaults back to texmaker, where needed.
As TexShop has endless list of Utis, extensions et al. claiming for I want to know , where to get a list of all extensions/UTIs/Mime types etc. makings sense to be changed to texmaker for opening.

I have installed the extension for file association in system prefs here. But is there something faster to change things, maybe?

Another thing I wonder about: when installing Tex for Mac first time, I did not get texmaker to compile any of my tex files. After latest update from TexLive CD this has changed. No clue why.

Jutta

--
http://www.witch.westfalen.de