[OS X TeX] Replace \f{x} by \g{x}\h{x}

Andrew Miller ajmiller at engr.psu.edu
Fri May 1 15:54:32 CEST 2015

If you want to replace \f{stuff} with \g{stuff}\h{stuff} and \f{other stuff} with \g{other stuff}\h{other stuff} you could use find and replace in BBEdit or TextWrangler with Grep where the search string is a regex pattern:

and the replacement is

The pattern ([^\}]*) captures the content inside the curly braces and the \1 pastes it in your \g and \h commands.

Grep needs to be checked in the Find dialog for this to work.