[OS X TeX] Feature request on TeXShop's "Experiment" mechanism

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Thu Jun 4 00:49:57 CEST 2015

Hi Alain,

On 03/06/2015, at 12:40 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On the other hand, Adobe is not welcome on my machine because it is really too intrusive.

Is this because it continually advises you of updates being available?

Surely this is better than just installing them automatically,
without telling you?

You can easily adjust how it behaves in a Preference pane.
Automatically downloading may be the recommended default,
but if that irks you, then just change it.

That is hardly a valid reason to avoid a very useful piece of software.

I find that Acrobat Pro is indispensible for:

 1. reading and annotating student work;
 2. filling PDF forms
 3. electronic signatures on such forms
 4. adding, deleting or reordering pages
 5. combining multiple PDFs and Images into a single document
 6. extracting images from PDFs
 7. small edits in existing PDFs

Further, it is the only tool (apart from limited web-services)
capable of checking and validation of special features that
I am developing the TeX/LaTeX coding for, to enrich PDFs to
satisfy international standards.

Yes, there are tools that can do some of the above; but APro
has it all together, so is much more convenient to use.
The latest versions, v11 and the newly released DC, are
significant advances on previous versions.
It just keeps getting better and better.

With Education pricing, it is not expensive and often will
be bundled with Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. and paid for
by a site-wide license at your University or Research Institute.

> Best regards
> --schremmer

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore

Senior Lecturer
Mathematics Department  |   Level 2, E7A
Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia
T: +61 2 9850 8955   |  F: +61 2 9850 8114
M: +61 407 288 255  |  http://www.maths.mq.edu.au/

CRICOS Provider Number 00002J. Think before you print. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of Macquarie University.