[OS X TeX] documentclass using apa6 gives unexpected twoside value

BenJ ben-jutten at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 14 11:51:01 CEST 2015

Hello apa6 users

I am using apa6 in the following way:
\documentclass[doc]{apa6}
The option doc is supposed to be a single-sided document and
the output that is produced is a single sided document so that is expected.

However using varioref there is reference output as it would be a two-sided
document.
(\reftextface..macros)

I figured out that the @twoside is true after the following lines of code:
\documentclass[doc,oneside]{apa6}
\usepackage{ifthen} % to be able to test @twoside
\newcounter{myT} \setcounter{myT}{0}
\ifthenelse{\boolean{@twoside}}{\setcounter{myT}{1}}{\setcounter{myT}{2}}

In the document part I print the value of {myT}
"Now print the value of the test counter. The value is \arabic{myT}."
The value is 1, i.e. @twoside is TRUE and that is not expected!

Is this a known problem or do I have to add some specific option to document
class to get @twoside set to false?? Suggestions would be welcome, many
thanks in advance.

My workaround for the time being is:
\setboolean{@twoside}{false}