[OS X TeX] autocomplete invalid -- TeXShop/BibDesk with too many cite keys

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Feb 20 21:44:38 CET 2015

> On Feb 20, 2015, at 2:26 PM, Jung-Tsung Shen <jushen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Not sure if this is a problem of TeXShop or BibDesk.
>
> I encountered a situation just now for a first time: I was writing a document using TeXShop, and on some topic I had to cite quite a few references. What I found out was that after quite a few cite keys (exact number depends on how long the total cite keys is), the autocomplete keybinding no longer be valid. Example,
>
> Numerous studies show that ice cream is good to your health~\cite{cite1, cite2, cite3, cite4, ..., citeN (autocomplete does not work)}
>
> Is this a known bug/feature?
>
> JT

Howdy,

I can confirm this behavior. Since I've never tried to put many items in a \cite command I've never experienced that. I'd guess it is a ``bug''. The BibDesk folks should be told about it since it concerns a plugin used in TeXShop.

The simple work-around is to use a separate \cite command once you run into trouble and then combine them into a single command later.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)