[OS X TeX] Root file error

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Dec 21 17:55:34 CET 2015

> On Dec 21, 2015, at 7:51 AM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> When TexShop cannot find the root file because of an incorrect path, it gives an error message. I am trying to debug the error in the path (a relative path that needs to climb up and down in the file hierarchy) but TS gives me only a partial view of the path it reads. Is it possible to find out the complete path TS attempts to use?
>

> <Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 8.46.40 AM.png>
>
> Themis

Howdy,

Now that I tried it I see that it's a Notification from TeXShop you are talking about rather than a TeX error.

Why don't you use a full path to the root file in the TeXShop root directive rather than a relative path? Open up the root document and Cmd-Click on the Window Title (i.e., the document name) and you'll see a complete path.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)