[OS X TeX] Multi-languages typesetting

Jean-Claude DE SOZA jeanclaudedesoza at orange.fr
Thu Aug 27 10:08:10 CEST 2015

Bonjour to all the members of the list,

I'am typesetting a book of recipes of my old aunt written in Vietnamese and French.
Accentuation is very important in Vietnamese and I want the file to be spellchecked in Vietnamese but also in French. I use CocoAspell.
So I put at its beginning the classic :

> %!TEX TS-program = pdflatex
> %!TeX spellcheck = French [80]
> %!TeX spellcheck = Vietnamese
> \documentclass[11pt]{book}
> \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
> \usepackage[T1,T5]{fontenc}
> \usepackage[french,vietnam]{babel}

I put French as my main language and Vietnamese as the second in the package babel as you note it.

But the text in French is spellchecked in Vietnamese and is obviously full of errors. It seems that only the second language in the preamble works.

My question is: "Is it possible to have two or more languages spellchecked with CocoAspell?"

Jean-Claude DE SOZA
jeanclaudedesoza at orange.fr