[OS X TeX] Disaster

Laurent Aufrère laurent.aufrere at free.fr
Thu Aug 27 09:44:00 CEST 2015

Hi

as someone said it before, tough it needs some learning to use it, I think a very good alternate solution for syncing between several computers, and over all between several users, is using a
version control tool like Git.

I've been using it with a good multi-os client like Sourcetree, with 3 users using either Mac OS or PC Windows, either on my own server or with free accounts at github or bitbucket and... it was really really worth to do the effort to learn using Git. And it was pretty easy to learn colleagues to use the client without learning them to use Git in fact.

I've been able to ignore compilation files so everyone can typeset independently, exclude some PDFs but not all, deal securely with conflicts between users, couldn't loose anything, could retrieve everything, well...a good and secure framework.

Laurent