[OS X TeX] Disaster

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Sat Aug 22 18:46:32 CEST 2015

George,

Good news. Thanks for replying.

> On Aug 22, 2015, at 9:23 AM, George Gratzer <gratzer at me.com> wrote:
>
> Dick,
>
> This was traumatic, but problems solved.
>
>> Do you use automatic saving?
>
> I do not know. Is this something I set?

Please go to

TeXShop Help —> TeXShop Help Panel —> Lion —> New Features (II)

Dick

PS: I have talked about TeXShop a couple of times at TUG meetings.
There are lots of non-Mac folks at the meetings, and they tend to have
one of two reactions:

	a) The Mac way is all wrong

	b) We’ve had that for years

Automatic saving was rather controversial when Apple added it, so
Mac folks tended to say that this feature was all wrong. To my surprise,
when I talked about this at TUG 2014, the reaction I got from
non-Mac folks was b).