[OS X TeX] Disaster

John Minter jrminter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 17:07:57 CEST 2015

George, IMHO Dropbox is the wrong tool for the job.

Since you are using text files, version control with git would be a big
help. You could get an inexpensive github account that gives you private
repositories. The .gitignore file lets you not track specified files (i.e.
those generated by TeX.) This also gives you disaster control, because you
can revert to a previous working version if needed.

I do a lot of LaTeX processing, now using knitr as a Sweave replacement and
build most everything with make files. This workflow works well for me on
both my home mac and my work PC and unix boxes.

I have to give a big shout-out to Karl Broman's tutorials and the Software
Carpentry tutorials that are available on the web.

Best regards,
John