[OS X TeX] .tex icons

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Tue Apr 7 19:28:24 CEST 2015

> On Apr 5, 2015, at 4:09 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>

> This is amazing!!! EXACTLY the same thing happened to me on my MacBook Air!!! I've done all sorts of stuff, including what you tried---with the same outcome, and none of it seems to work.
>
> On the other hand, double clicking a .tex document still opens it in TeXShop and I'll just have to ignore the icon issue until a solution is found.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

For some time now I've lost the tex icons in 2 of 3 macs I use (the mac that doesn’t have this problem is a backup machine and I don’t normally do any work on it other than synch it with the other two). I’m talking only icons, the files open in TS, as they should.  Then I reinstalled OS on one of the problematic macs and the icons magically reappeared. I don’t know if these details matter, but first I formatted the disk, then installed Mavericks, and finally updated to Yosemite.

Themis