[OS X TeX] Reproducible bug in TS 3.42

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 16:10:09 CEST 2014

> Howdy,
>
> While I can't reproduce the exact problem others have seen I can get some rather strange behavior! Open a .tex file and typeset it. Choose the selection tool in the Preview window and make a selection. Close the window. If I now re-typeset the document the selection rectangle remains and I can't remove it or make another selection. Close the .tex document; the Preview will close too. Re-open the .tex document from withing TeXShop (File->Open Recent) and I got very strange window contents.
>
> If I remove the selection box (e.g., click in another location in the Preview window) before doing anything with the Preview window there is no problem. I now believe this stuff only happens if you use the Selection Tool in the Preview window and don't remove it before doing something else. Since I essentially never use the Selection tool I have never run into the strange behavior before.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

I tried doing this and I also got the selection stuck on the preview window. Not only that, but TeXShop got stuck on the same page of the pdf. Soon Activity Monitor showed TeXShop using 100% of CPU and fans were blasting; had to force-quit.
This on a 2014 15” rMBP, if it makes any difference.

Luis Sequeira