[OS X TeX] Reproducible bug in TS 3.42

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 24 21:48:44 CEST 2014

On Sep 24, 2014, at 2:06 PM, Vamos, Peter <P.Vamos at exeter.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 24 Sep 2014, at 18:15, Martin Costabel wrote:
>> On 24/09/14 18:55, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>>
>>> On Sep 24, 2014, at 11:29 AM, Martin Costabel <costabel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>> []

>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> Just as an outside thing to check (I don't have a Retina display---iMac and MacBook Air). I thought it was possible to ``turn off'' the Retina display. Don't understand how that would change things but…
>>
>> I don't know how to switch it off. I tried different screen resolutions, no difference.
>

> Control click on the TS application to get the Get Info window. Then click the Open in Low Resolution box
>
> Peter

Howdy,

While I can't reproduce the exact problem others have seen I can get some rather strange behavior! Open a .tex file and typeset it. Choose the selection tool in the Preview window and make a selection. Close the window. If I now re-typeset the document the selection rectangle remains and I can't remove it or make another selection. Close the .tex document; the Preview will close too. Re-open the .tex document from withing TeXShop (File->Open Recent) and I got very strange window contents.

If I remove the selection box (e.g., click in another location in the Preview window) before doing anything with the Preview window there is no problem. I now believe this stuff only happens if you use the Selection Tool in the Preview window and don't remove it before doing something else. Since I essentially never use the Selection tool I have never run into the strange behavior before.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)