[OS X TeX] Reproducible bug in TS 3.42

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 24 17:59:34 CEST 2014

On Sep 24, 2014, at 10:40 AM, Martin Costabel <costabel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> On 24/09/14 00:44, R Martinez wrote:
>> I don't question the existence of this bug, though I have never encountered it. But, really, how many people would it affect? What you are doing seems, shall we say, unusual. So allow me to dissent: I would assign a very low priority to the correction of this bug, if correction were called for.
>
> I find this bug very easy to trigger. Once you have used the select tool in the preview window, you can either
>
> - go to *any* other app and choose "hide others" in the app menu (alt-cmd-H); then go back to TeXShop via whatever method
> (dock, launchpad, command line...)
>
> - or simply inside TeXShop choose "Hide TeXShop" (cmd-H) and then open it again
>
> TeXShop then becomes unusable. All windows are garbled, not only the source and preview windows and "About TeXShop", but also the windows opened by items from the help menu.
>
> --
> Martin

Howdy,

No problems with either method here. Using OS X 10.9.5, TeXShop 3.42. PS: I use Hide TeXShop (Cmd-H) from within TeXShop all the time and have never had a problem. Do you have some menu bar item or something running in the background that is interfering with the OS? All of these Hide commands are provided by the OS.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)