[OS X TeX] Command completion troubles

Don Green Dragon fergdc at Shaw.ca
Thu Sep 4 02:23:24 CEST 2014

Hello Herb,

See below.

On 27Aug2014, at 1:09 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

<<snip>>>
> Assuming that you did remove the key binding to _ it is easy enough to restore it. First Open the Key Bindings Editor using the Source->Key Bindings->Edit Key Bindings File… menu item. In the Input: box type _ and in the Output: box type _{#SEL##INS#}; then click on the + button to add that to the list; finally click on Save. The #SEL# will place the selection, if one exists, between the braces while the #INS# places the insertion point between the braces.

For practice I followed your instructions above and restored the behaviour of _ and ^ so that the pair {} plus the insertion point would be automatic. Everything worked fine and so I’ve set things back to the behaviour that I prefer. A good example goes a long way.  :-)

Many thanks.

don green dragon
fergdc at shaw.ca