[OS X TeX] TeX on Yosemite

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 18 06:12:04 CEST 2014

I installed Yosemite on a Core2Duo MBP using the two commands below, before and after, and did not get an excessive install time. I think it was a total of 1.5 hours, which is typical for this machine.

Unfortunately, I waited until post-install indexing was done to execute the second command in the terminal. That triggered the OS to do a considerable amount of re-indexing.

BBEdit, Skim, and TeXShop, and the BBEdit integration scripts I use all work fine, and I had no trouble typesetting the first time. However, on my non-retina MBP, type quality is noticeably worse in Skim, TeXShop, and Preview than it was before I installed Yosemite. Skim may look a little worse than TeXShop. Does anyone know what’s happening with font rendering?

Richard Séguin