[OS X TeX] Yosemite 10.10.1

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Wed Nov 19 16:09:53 CET 2014

Themis,

> On Nov 18, 2014, at 10:33 PM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com> wrote:
> 2. I finally noticed the fuzzy font problem, but not exactly like others reported. With the magnification set to automatic, when I first open a latex files the preview looks visibly fuzzy. But if I resize the window, even a little, the rendering turns crisp, almost too much so. The effect is more visible on my 24 in iMac than my 11 in macbook pro. None of my computers are retina.
>
> All of this with TS 3.45.2.

My colleague Yusuke Terada in Japan noticed the same thing and added
a hidden preference to TeXShop which simulates this. When pdf files
are opened, it momentarily magnifies slightly and then returns to the
original magnification.

	defaults write TeXShop FixPreviewBlur YES

The “changes” document on my web page has a number of other
suggestions about this problem, in the section on TeXShop 3.44.

Dick Koch