[OS X TeX] Position of console in TS 3.45.1

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Thu Nov 6 17:39:01 CET 2014

Folks,

> On Nov 6, 2014, at 7:32 AM, Alan Bowen <bowenalan03 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, Themis—I have the the problem tat you describe too.
> Alan
>
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com <mailto:tmatsoukas at icloud.com>> wrote:
> In TS preferences I have checked "remember last position on close". This opens up source/pdf/console in the last position, as expected. However, the positioning and size of the console window behaves strangely: the first latex file I open places the console window in the last remembered position and size as expected, but when I open a second latex file (say source2.tex) and typeset, its console appears at the default position and size, regardless of what its last position was. If I quit TS and open source2.tex, its console will appear correctly in the last position I resized and placed it. I see this in TS 3.45.1 under OS 10.10 and I wonder if others have the same problem.
>
> Themis

There have been no code changes affecting the placement of the Console
window. With 3.45.1, I see the problem on Yosemite, but do not see the
problem (using exactly the same binary) on Mavericks.

After the flurry of the last few days, I’m going to relax and consider this
and other problems methodically. Don’t expect immediate action. It is
on my radar.

Dick Koch