[OS X TeX] TexShop 3.45 - Trash Aux Files not working

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 5 20:06:42 CET 2014

> On Nov 5, 2014, at 12:37 PM, David Messerschmitt <messer at eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>

> I have upgraded to Yosemite and to TexShop 3.45. Trash Aux Files is still not working, in either the File menu or on the console button. My filenames have no spaces (my source file is Relativistic-model.tex).
>
> -dave

Howdy,

Since it's working just fine on my Yosemite system there is clearly some difference between our setups. Once thing you may try, if you haven't already done so, is to add another extension to remove to the list (I've added quite a few that are generated by different packages that I use for testing latexmk engines). Execute

defaults write TeXShop OtherTrashExtensions -array-add "dvi"

in Terminal to have Trash Aux Files remove .dvi files in addition to the default set.   PS: search for `trash aux' in Help->TeXShop Help Panel… and choose Removing AUX files from the list to see the default list of extensions that are removed by default.

This is just a wild guess just to try to find out if this could be the reason why it works on my Yosemite system but not yours.

Finally, Michael Sharpe has a nice macro to trash aux files and it works great. Download DeleteAux.plist.zip from his download site, <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3825336/TeX/index.html>. To install it, after un-zipping it, open TeXShop's Macro Editor (Macros->Open Macro Editor…) after which there will be a new item under the Macros menu, Macros->Add macros from file… . Clicking on that will drop a sheet upon which you drop the .plist file and open it. The new macro will appear at the bottom of the Macro List at the left of the Editor window. You can drag it to a place in the menu you wish.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)