[OS X TeX] Odd artefacts in TeXShop Preview after compiling

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Sun Nov 2 21:49:40 CET 2014

Hi,

Sometimes, I get odd little artefacts in the TeXShop preview as in the
attached screen dump.

OS X 10.9.5
TeXShop version 3.44

Moving the preview does nothing to change the position or remove the
artefacts, nor does rerunning Cmd-Shift-L, unless a change is made so
that the line of text is completed up or down. Then they disappear.

Putting the line back again does not bring the artefacts back. They do
not print.

Not really a problem but resolving it might stop smear marks from
appearing on my screen before I realise the artefacts are not dust.

Regards
Alan
--
Dr Alan Litchfield