[OS X TeX] Odd behaviours with new TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Nov 1 13:18:00 CET 2014

> On Oct 31, 2014, at 11:50 PM, Alan Litchfield <alan at alphabyte.co.nz> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am getting a couple of odd behaviours with the new TeXShop 3.44. It may just be me but anyway...
>
> 1. Cmd-grave does not switch windows.
> 2. Clicking on the Trash Aux Files does not delete the files. I have to delete them manually.
>
> The latter does not delete even when the application is quit and restarted.
>
> Is there some setting I need to change or there a bug?
>
> Regards
> Alan

Howdy,

Hmmm... I hate when this happens... I'm not seeing either of those problems.

Cmd-` rotates me through all open windows as it should.

Clicking on File->Trash Aux Files (Ctl-Cmd-A) removes all but a few files (e.g., pdf, synctex.gz and probably a few more that didn't occur in my test file) and puts them into the Trash. If you hold down the Opt key while clicking on File->Trash Aux Files all but the pdf are removed. However using Opt-Ctl-Cmd-A (like holding down the Opt key and clicking File->Trash Aux Files doesn't work since that shortcut is assigned to File->Abort Typesetting.

I have to admit I got used to Michael Sharpe's Macro (well, I made a small change) and can't get used to using File->Trash Aux Files any more. The old fingers just do things automatically.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)