[OS X TeX] Intrinsic tensors

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Fri May 30 00:48:19 CEST 2014

On May 29, 2014, at 10:45 AM, Alain Schremmer <schremmer.alain at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like a symbol to represent n-dimensional objects, in fact tensor fields of order n, something like<G^n.pdf>.
>
> I have looked around to no avail; worse comes to worst, I can always use the above pdf but I am curious.
>
> Faintly hopeful regards
> --schremmer

It wasn't clear to me which part of this symbol is the issue, but here's a way to generate some approximation to your symbol using standard packages rather than Apple Chancery and Helvetica-Neue.

\documentclass[11pt]{amsart}
%SetFonts
\usepackage{newtxtext} % loads helvetica as sans
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{newtxmath}
%SetFonts
\begin{document}
$\overline{\mathcal{G}}^{\mkern-1mu\raisebox{-.1ex}{\hbox{\textcircled{\textit{\textsf{n}}}}}}$
\end{document}

Michael