[OS X TeX] Text floating around a figure

Don Green Dragon fergdc at Shaw.ca
Tue May 27 05:24:53 CEST 2014

Hi Herb,

> Howdy,
>
> Well, the package is called pininpar not picins. I just ran
>
> %%!TEX TS-program = pdflatex
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{picinpar}
> \usepackage{floatflt}
> \begin{document}
> Hello World
> \end{document}
>
> and had no problem loading both packages.

Are you implying that the environments

\begin{window} . . . \end{window}    or    \begin{figwindow} . . . \end{figwindow}

actually work in your set up?

Is it necessary to include \usepackage{floatflt}?

I have tried to use the two examples in The LaTeX Companion, pages 108–109, but no luck. Despite the examples, I am not sure of the required format for either \begin{window}  or \begin{figwindow}. Here is a short version that I tried

\begin{figwindow}
[2, l, \tikz \draw (0,0) circle (3 pt); , {Run around Circle} ]
At least six lines of text that is supposed to flow around the small circle. Circle to be at the left margin.
\end{figwindow}

The error message is:
./LaTeXbookShort.tex:662: Use of \figwindow doesn't match its definition.
l.662 \begin{figwindow}

?
I tried adding the line \usepackage{floatflt} to the preamble but that did not help. I removed the caption {Run around Circle} and that made no difference.

Can anyone point out the syntax error?

don green dragon
fergdc at shaw.ca