[OS X TeX] Update to 10.9.3 & Applescript TeXShop Macro

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sun May 18 21:45:52 CEST 2014

What should the name of this .plist file be?

Where exactly does it go? (Somewhere inside TeXShop.app/Contents?  inside ~/Library/Application Support/TeXShop?)

What is the current version of this file and where can one obtain it?

Or is the file already included with the current TeXShop 3.36?

On 16 May 2014 17:06:23 -0700, Michael Sharpe <msharpe at ucsd.edu> wrote:

> On May 16, 2014, at 9:25 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I've used an Applescript Macro in TeXShop to remove auxiliary files for many years. I like it because it's easy to edit and adjust the list of extensions to remove. Unfortunately it is Applescript which, all too often, seems to change syntax. That usually only happens with major OS updates, e.g., OS X 10.8->10.9, but now I'm seeing a problem with my update from OS X 10.9.2->10.9.3. I get a spinning wheel when I execute it and occasionally an error about not finding .tex.
>>
>> I know we have some Applescript experts on the list and wonder if they could take a look at the macro and see if they can analyse and fix the problem.
>>
>> <DeleteAllAuxiliaryFiles.plist>
>>

> I've attached my reworking of the macro so that it runs quite fast even in a very large folder with about 3000 files. I can't be sure this fixes the problems you were seeing, as it's possible the update to 10.9.3 affected TeXShop's AppleScript interpreter.
>
> Michael

---
Murray Eisenberg		murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101		Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334