[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.35 and Command-T/Typeset menu problem

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue May 6 22:30:52 CEST 2014

On May 5, 2014, at 7:39 AM, Juan Luis Varona <jvarona at unirioja.es> wrote:

>> I am finding that during lengthy sessions of work with TeXShop 3.35,
>> there typically comes a point where Command-T no longer works.
>> The same is also true when I select “Typeset” from the Typeset menu.
>> The only way to typeset then is to select the “Typeset” button
>> in the source-file window menu.
>> Quitting and re-opening TeXShop solves the problem.
>
> With 3.35, I have seen the same problem a couple of times.
>
> Actually, not only with Command-T, but also Command-1,
> for instance.
>
> Juan Luis

Howdy,

Can I ask what OS X version you are using?

I've had no response to keyboard shortcuts on rare occasions with other apps (e.g., Mail) under Mavericks so I suspect an OS bug. Another rare event is the dropping of response to my Magic Trackpad shortly after wake from sleep; I have to shut it down, wait until the OS notices it's gone and then turn it back on. Finally, for the first time in years, The whole system froze; accepting no input and even a displayed clock stopped running so I had to force shut down and restart.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)