[OS X TeX] Contents of MacTeXtras

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Sat May 3 08:36:19 CEST 2014

On 02/05/2014 23:27, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> I have a bit of a typo in the last sentence of mine above. It should read: I need votes for/against adding TeXworks to MacTeXtras (NOT MacTeX --- it won't be there). You can always download TeXworks directly from <https://www.tug.org/texworks/>.

Does MacTeXextras get auto-installed along with MacTeX in the DVD
version? That's where the main issue is: what we like with the current
set up is that we can send out the DVD and if people follow the
auto-installs everyone with a Mac or Windows is set up. (Linux users are
a bit more tricky but we can live with that.)

> Does TeXShop look or behave that much different than TeXworks on the Mac? After all, TeXShop was the original inspiration for TeXworks. I'd guess that an introductory course wouldn't use any of the features of TeXworks that aren't the same or very similar to the ones in TeXShop.

It's not identical, that's the problem. With TeXworks what we get is
that the only platform-specific thing is Cmd versus Ctrl for the
keyboard shortcuts.

Aside: Is seems a great shame that after TUG supported TeXworks
development as a cross-platform TeX editor we now find ourselves going
'backward' in terms of out-of-the-box cross-platform working.
--
Joseph Wright