[OS X TeX] Moving the chapter title and number to the center of the page

CR lowimc at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 05:12:33 CEST 2014

I am using \appendix in the memoir class to attach a series of papers in pdf format at the end of a technical report and would like the chapter title and number to be in the center of the page both horizontally and vertically.  What I have below gives me what I am looking for except the title and number are in the header.  Is there a way to move it down to the middle vertically and have only the chapter number and title on that page? The way I am doing it below works well with my TOC and footer.

\appendix

\renewcommand{\chapnumfont}{\normalfont\large\scshape\center}

\renewcommand{\chaptitlefont}{\chapnumfont}
\chapter{Cylinder Papers}
\includepdf[pages=-,scale=.85,pagecommand={}]{cyl1.pdf}

...and so on for several papers

Thank you,

Chad