[OS X TeX] html.sty

Nicolae Garleanu garleanu at haas.berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 25 04:26:30 CET 2014

Hi,
I installed MacTex on a new Air about three months ago, and today I wanted to compile for the first time (on the new computer) a file requiring html.sty. This was no issue with my previous Mac, but now the style file is not installed (I verified this using Help>Open Style File as well as by copying the style file from the internet in the folder with the file needing it, when it worked). I can solve the specific issue on my own, e.g., put the style file in the appropriate local folder, but I am wondering

  1.  Why the file was not downloaded and installed on the fly (am I confused concerning this capability?). Perhaps because I already have the entire system, suggesting that this particular style file is no longer included, maybe because it is obsolete (and replaced with what?)
  2.  Why nothing happens when I try to compile. No error, log file is completely empty, etc. I can’t help feeling that I messed something somewhere.

Thank you.
Nicolae