[OS X TeX] Questions on TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Mar 22 12:33:30 CET 2014

On Mar 22, 2014, at 5:13 AM, Holger Schulz <qdl at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> perhaps someone can help me with the following TeXShop problems:
>
> 1. Spell checking ist unusable, since almost all (La)TeX commands are marked as misspelled. I haven't found a setting to make them being ignored.

Howdy,

There are two ways to go for spell checking: i)use Excalibur, an external spell checker that comes with the MacTeX install and ``understands'' LaTeX, or ii)download and install CocoAspell from <http://cocoaspell.leuski.net> which also ``understands'' LaTeX. I know there are non-English dictionaries that come with the latter choice but haven't installed them.

> 2. Monaco 14 is selected as the editor font. I use the same font with the AlphaX editor, but i looks a bit different. I try to attach a photograph which might show the difference. But I expect no to be redirected in this list. In TeXShop everything looks a bit like boldface. This might have to do with the systems anti-aliasing. But I do not want to chance system wide settings to have an effect for a single programme.
>
> The "thinner" look in AlphaX seems better readable to me.
>
> Do you have any hints for me?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> hs

I've been using Monaco 13pt without problems. Are you entering the font in Preferences? You might also look at other fonts although I still like Monaco. Folks may suggest other preferences.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)