[OS X TeX] Problem in installing fonts

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Mar 7 13:46:06 CET 2014

On Mar 7, 2014, at 5:46 AM, Vinay K. Ingle <vingle at ece.neu.edu> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am trying to install mathematical pi fonts. After properly copying font files into their respective directories, I issued the commands:
>
> sudo mktexlsr
> sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map=mathpi.map
>
> In both cases the system responded with "command not found". This used to work before so I am wondering if there is something wrong with my installation?
>
> I am using 2008 Macbook with Mountain-Lion and texlive-2011.
>
> Thanks.
>
> ---------
> Regards,
>
> Vinay K. Ingle

Howdy,

First take a look at what the TeX Distribution Preference Pane, in system Preferences, gives as the active teX Distribution. If that seems fine let us know what the following commands return:

ls -alF /

ls -alf /usr

echo $PATH

so we can see if something changed permissions on your system.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)