[OS X TeX] MetaPost and TeXShop 3.36.2

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jul 23 17:53:31 CEST 2014

On Jul 23, 2014, at 10:10 AM, Bréard, Andrea <andrea.breard at asia-europe.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> On my former Macintosh computer I had no problem compiling MetaPost files within TeXShop, which produced a readable pdf file.
>
> With the new TeXShop version on OS10.9 I obtain a file without extension that appears an exe file in the Finder and cannot be opened with any program I have.
>
> If anybody knows the trick how to obtain the right pdf format as an output I would be very grateful.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Andrea

Howdy,

Why do you say it ``appears an exe file in the Finder''? Does it really have no extension or do you have Finder set to not show extensions (Finder->Preferences->Advanced->Show all filename extensions)? What happens if you attempt to compile the mpost file in Terminal using

mpost file.mp

as the command line?

I don't use mpost so could you send a small mpost file for me to try to compile?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)