[OS X TeX] Editor with real-time preview?

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at math.fsu.edu
Sat Jul 19 03:22:47 CEST 2014

On Jul 18, 2014, at 8:46, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2014, at 7:58 PM, Ettore Aldrovandi <ealdrov at mail.math.fsu.edu> wrote:
>
>> You may want to check TeXnicle http://www.bobsoft-mac.de/texnicle/texnicle.html or
>> LaTeXian http://tacosw.com/latexian/, for example.
>>

> I see that TeXPad seems to have real-time preview (i.e., on-the-fly typesetting) but it isn't clear that TeXnicle and/or LaTeXian have that feature?

They do. I’ve occasionally used TeXnicle, it’s quite nice. LaTeXian seems nice, but I’ve no experience with it.  I think it was already mentioned on this list sometime ago. LaTeXian costs (not a lot of) money, though. On the other hand, my primary environment is Emacs with AUCTeX, so I don’t have a working knowledge of these other IDEs.

Ettore

--
Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University