[OS X TeX] Mac TeX 2014: how to remove previous versions

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jul 4 13:50:40 CEST 2014

On Jul 3, 2014, at 10:56 PM, juan tolosa <juantolo at me.com> wrote:

> I had a similar question, and I have to confess my total ignorance.
> I don't know how to search
>
>> /usr/local/texlive
>
> in the mac. All I see are icons, folders, etc.
> I have tried the folders "Applications" "library" and "documents," but none has "usr" or "local"
>
> Thanks,
>               Juan

Howdy,

Near the bottom of the Go Menu in Finder you'll find the `Go to Folder…' command (shortcut Shift-Cmd-G). When you click on that you get a dialog box where you enter `/usr/local/texlive' and press Return. That will open that folder.

PS: By default the /usr folder is hidden by Finder.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)